Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tropicanalicious

A couple of weeks ago, I was at Wal-mart to pick up some chocolate milk for lunch (yes, lunch was to be just that: some thick, creamy, exploding-with-calories chocolate milk). This choco-blast was all husband wanted, and while I like chocolate milk, I wanted something more along smoothie lines. But maybe not a smoothie.

I discovered this:
Yup, nothing says "Pure" like "flavored blend of 5 juices from concentrate with other natural flavors and ingredients."

In spite of this, I really liked it. I bought the pomegranate blueberry flavor. I will list its virtues here:

1) I could taste both the pomegranate and the blueberry juice (in spite of there probably being minimal amounts of each...pure pomegranate juice is the price of liquid gold)

2) The juice was really thick, so it is satisfying - more so than regular apple juice, and certainly more so than soda (or worse, diet soda)

3) The 33.8 oz. bottle cost less than $3 (I have since discovered that this may only be at Wal-Mart, as Smith's prices it at over $4)

4) Because of how thick the juice is, the 33.8 oz. bottle is actually enough for several servings - even 4, as the bottle indicates

In short, Tropicana Pure (TM) is a good buy.

No comments: