Thursday, March 27, 2008

Snow White

Those who have not given up hope of my ever updating my blog will be rewarded today with pictures of my newest project: a Snow White outfit for Olivia to wear to a friend's princess-and-superheroes-themed birthday party this weekend. I figured out the pattern myself based on pictures of Snow White, and I'm very happy with how it turned out, especially the sleeves. I tried to buy as little new stuff as possible to make it (figuring she'd only wear it once) while still making it a quality product - that meant that Snow White's collar is actually made of leftover satin from Summer's wedding dress. I was also really excited to have an excuse to use my new snap pliers that Steven got me for Christmas! The skirt is just short enough so that she can still crawl around easily, and she seems to be pretty comfortable in it.




The big question now is, what will I do with it after the party? Steven thinks I should sell it, but part of me wants to save it in case we have another baby girl who's around Olivia's size in a couple of Halloweens. Any suggestions?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that's cute. Don't let Emily see it, she'll want it! :)

Crystal said...

Oooo, keep it, keep it! It is most charming.

Victoria Blanchard said...

I'm so excited you updated your blog! I've been meaning to email you guys and see how you're doing! Olivia looks darling---you did a great job! I'd keep the dress. Like you said, you may have another girl, and I'm sure there will be friends and family who would like to borrow it on occasion.

Wanders said...

Wow. That's a real gift. I mean 'talent.' I'm not suggesting you give it away.

Laura said...

Olivia is getting so big! She is absolutely adorable! The dress looks fantastic! Glad you guys are doing well.

Emily said...

I see that Adrian purposely kept me from it by NOT telling me that you'd updated your blog! It is adorable. I'm always impressed with your talent. I'd keep it, too. I'm sure you'll have another child or maybe even grandchild (what a crazy thought) who might wear it. I always have a hard time giving anything I've made away.

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

hey! man, olivia's so big! I never even got to meet her! how are you guys?!?
I started a blog: lanceandmissy.blogspot.com
the blog world sure is small!:)

Sidra said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! You are such a talented mommy!

Krebscout said...

I can't tell you how honored I am.

I still love my dress, by the way.