Saturday, May 25, 2013

RIP Stump

The week after I officially became functional again, Steven gave me a to-do list (I'm sure it was a nice role reversal for him). One item was to get rid of the stump in our back yard; it has always been there and is a pain to mow around, and I'm not sure why exactly it has taken us 5 years to take care of it. I made a 20 second phone call and someone showed up that afternoon to grind it.

As soon as he arrived, though, Carmen suddenly developed an inexplicable emotional attachment to the stump. I was surprised she even knew where the stump was. I tried telling her that the stump was excited to turn into a bunch of cute little wood chips, but she was unconvinced. The only way I was able to (sort of) console her was to snap a picture for us all to remember our beloved stump by:


(Please note that by the time Steven got home from work, she was happy and excited to show him where the stump had been.)

2 comments:

maugers said...

That's hilarious! Good thing you took the picture so she could remember stumpy

Crystal said...

Is that the source of the pretend wood chips Carmen gave Steven for his birthday? Very cute.