Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pictureless post

I find that nowadays I hold off blogging sometimes because I feel like I need a picture in there, especially since the most relevant and exciting things in my life are my quickly growing and photogenic tiny tots. However, I think that a pictureless blog post is better than no blog post at all, so I am no longer going to let lack of pictures hinder my updating.

So, my help has finally run out. That is, we finally reached the end of a month-long stream of familial visits from my mom, Steven's sister, and my dad. Tomorrow begins the reality of having to get up all night for a tiny baby, then having to get up on time to take care of a toddler.

Mom, Heather, and Dad, it sure was nice having you here to help. And play with us. And install towel bars and fix our shower and garage door and other stuff.

In other news, I'm finally getting around to filing our taxes. No, I did not procrastinate: I had to wait until the beginning of February for all our forms to get here, and by that time we had other things to worry about. This year, we only have to file income tax in TWO states, because TA DAAA! We live in Texas! I say "only" because for the past several years, I have braved some of the most convoluted tax situations that two remarkably boring people like us could possibly have: multiple states, multiple jobs, multiple independant income, student garbage, etc. And I do it all by my little self, without an accountant, a service, or even a box! La de dah, look how smart I am!

Anyway, next year we anticipate having NO state income taxes to work through, plus another deduction (thanks, Carmen!) And since President Obama will undoubtably deliver that tax cut for my 95 percent of the population by then, in spite of that multi-trillion-dollar stimulus package funded by "the government," I'm looking forward to Texas Taxes 2009.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aren't your streets paved with gold yet?