Thursday, March 5, 2009

More Carmen

Some quick updates:

My mom went home Saturday. It was wonderful having her here - fun to just be around her, and great to have her help with the girls. Olivia especially loved spending time with Grandma and making her sing songs over and over again. It's Thursday, and she still talks about Grandma.


Three generations picture. Olivia and I are tied for worst hair here.

So, I'll admit that when Carmen was first born, I wondered if she was going to be as pretty as Olivia. As some of you may remember, Olivia was just a beautiful, beautiful newborn - as she's gotten older, she's remained beautiful. Plus, she's so fun and smart and sweet that she's become my Platonic idea of a child. I worried about that, because I don't want Carmen to feel inferior just because she's not exactly like her.

But, I don't think we have anything to worry about.




L'amour est enfant de boheme - look at that olive skin.

She's also quite the sweetie. She's a good sleeper, an even better eater, and a good cuddler to boot. We're all in love.



And, in the tradition of Olivia, she sleeps with her head on sideways.

I'm sure life could be better right now. But I don't know how.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

My mom worried that I was going to be ugly after I was first born. (No one told her that new infants tend to look like, well, squashed fruit.) She said I got real cute after six months, but boy, those first six months.

She tells me this a lot, actually.

krebscout said...

Oh man. I want me one of those.

Ashley said...

Hey Amber--haven't talked to ya since the day before Carmen was born! She's beautiful. I'm already starting to forget how beautiful our new babies are! This is Ashley BTW! Thanks for the comment on my blog!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Hooray for life being wonderful!

Brook said...

Oh, the hair styles are FABULOUS! I like Olivia's better, though. I can't believe how long it is getting!

And sigh. What I would give for olive skin.

maugers said...

You're right, she's beautiful. Congrats again. I'm glad you can fall in love with your babies so fast...it's a skill that I haven't mastered (mine always have colic). But a skill I've always envied in others :)

Julie said...

She is a beautiful baby. I can't wait to meet her!

Lara said...

I didn't know you had another baby!!
Congratulations!!
You have such a beautiful family!

Kathy said...

Love the lips. So sweet. I love the name Carmen by the way. Hope everything is going well. # more months until mine gets here. He's kicking me right now. I can't wait to hold him.

Kathy said...

By the way I got your blog address off the Christenson connection. I will totally have to check in every once and a while. If you want to check us out my blog address is http://www.katrinkawinka.blogspot.com/