Monday, December 21, 2009

Philately will get you nowhere



A couple of months ago we decided to officially turn our first child into a nerd: we helped her start a stamp collection. She LOVES it.

I bought a little purple photo album from the dollar store, made a cover (shown above), and loaded the album with a bunch of blank white cards. Every time we get a letter with a new stamp on it, Olivia and I cut the stamp off and glue it onto one of the cards. December has been a great time to do it, since people send so many different Christmas stamps. We also recently had a friend move overseas, and they obligingly sent Olivia a postcard with a nice English stamp.

So, if any of you are getting an urge to make a 2-year-old girl very happy for a few cents, please feel free to send us your stamps!

* Olivia also sounds very cute saying "stamp collegshun."

2 comments:

Kathy said...

What a fun thing to start. I don't think that is nerdy at all. I had a sticker collection as a kid. My main contributor was Grandma Anne. She always put stickers on the cards she would send us and I would oh so carefully remove them.

Catherine said...

How creative! I love it! My grandpa used to collect stamps and I always thought it was pretty cool. :)