Friday, January 7, 2011

Family candids

Here are a couple of scenes I've walked in on in the past few days:

He was reading her poetry.

Steven is no poet, and Olivia is no snuggler. But there is a connection between them in which I have no part. Is there any wonder this girl adores her daddy?

Then today:

There was a time when I feared I might never have children. Considering I'm still under 30 (at least for a month), I realize that this was not wholly founded. But the memory of that time makes me even more appreciative of watching my darling girls making messes so happily together. It's a good life.

5 comments:

joyous said...

So cute! I don't think there are too many things better than spying on your children playing happily together. So sweet! (And nothing grates on my nerves quite like my kids fussing at each other!!!)

Marisa said...

How cute!! You definitely have some adorable little girls. :)

Catherine said...

Amber! CONGRATULATIONS on the news of the upcoming boy! I'm so happy for you! Your family is adorable. The quilt is absolutely AMAZING.

Unknown said...

It's nice he reads poetry to her! Saw you got a Kindle for Christmas--jealous. And loved your Christmas card! Hope you're doing great!

Unknown said...

Also, I saw this model on here and she reminded me of you--good job being a model. http://www.jcrew.com/browse/multi_product_detail.jsp?externalProductCodes=35586:39051:37612:33064&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302038402&bmUID=1296210611671