Friday, February 11, 2011

Iron Maiden

I've been blessed to have very easy, uncomplicated pregnancies. So during the past month I was surprised to realize that I felt...dead. I didn't remember feeling so tired and worn out so early in pregnancy before.

I tried to explain it by figuring out what was different this time around: baby gender. Two existing kids. Nearing of the magical age 30 that reportedly changes everything about one's metabolism.

But none of those seemed satisfactory: other than fatigue, this pregnancy has not felt any different than my previous ones (except that I can tell I'm carrying lower). Having two kids who play together seems easier than trying to entertain one. My body doesn't feel different now, despite 2 years.

Well, turns out I'm anemic. So since ironing up during the last week, I have felt much, much better.

2 comments:

maugers said...

I love it when there is a medical explanation... AND a fix :)

joyous said...

Yep! I had the same problem with my first two and wasn't good about taking the iron. Finally figured it out the third time around....it's nice to not feel like a zombie all the time. ;) Glad to hear that all continues to go well this time around.