Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Damon

So, apparently our due date estimates are really good.

Damon Steven Brown
Due date: May 8
Born: May 8, 12:13 pm
7 lbs. 12 oz., 20 inches


Yes, this is my second baby in a row delivered a little past noon on my due date. I'm not sure how we've achieved this level of precision in childbearing, but it sure is convenient.

You should go to Steven's blog for more info, pics and videos.

I was previously kind of uncertain over the idea of having a boy. But many of you know that I have an (arguably healthy) obsession for my husband. Damon's like a pocket-sized Steven that I get to dress in dinosaur onesies. And he has soft, soft black hair and a dimple in his cheek and a manly little cleft chin and he likes me better than anyone. So, I've definitely been converted to baby boys. Or at least my baby boy. I really, really, really like him.

11 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

Welcome to the world, Damon! I am so, so excited for you, Amber. :) How are the girls taking to having a baby brother? I bet they're eating it up!

joyous said...

So sweet! Congratulations to you and your family. :) I hope you enjoy getting to know each other in these first few precious days!!!

maugers said...

He's adorable :) Congrats!

Deanna said...

Congrats Browns! Very impressive to give birth twice on your due date. There's a definite distinction between the mother/son bond and the mother/daughter.

Victoria Blanchard said...

He is darling! Luv his nose and hair!

Kathy said...

He's a keeper!

Ashley said...

Oh, little boys...they certainly are our stripling warriors! He's precious. Can't wait to meet him!

Brook said...

Arrrrgggghh! He is adorable. I can't wait to trade babies (temporarily, of course, because I still like mine best)! I really, really, really like him too.

A Roper said...

He is so cute! I can't wait to hold him!!! :D Congratulations, Amber!

Unknown said...

Yay! He is adorable and I love how you've been converted to your own baby boy :)

Kreller Kaboodle said...

of cool! He was born on my birthday! YAY!! That is such a great day! Congrats Amber! He's a cutie!!