Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bad dream

Last night I had a weird dream. In it, I was part of a family where each of us had either dark or blonde hair, and there was a stern and overbearing patriarch who had somehow repressed or abused everyone. And someone had killed Olivia, and for some reason I just knew that it was one of my light-haired brothers. So I tried to kill him with sharp objects, but he kept managing to be unharmed and sneered at me, and then one of my dark-haired siblings threw a dagger at him and it killed him. This made me realize three things: 1) in order to kill someone, you had to have the opposite hair color of that person; 2) I must have been light-haired, because I was unable to kill the light-haired brother; and 3) the light-haired brother did not actually kill Olivia: it was actually the overbearing patriarch (I knew this through dream omniscience.)

So, it was a tragedy that the light-haired brother was killed, and then I had to team up with the rest of the siblings so that we could get one of them to kill the light-haired patriarch. (I had the greatest feeling of despair when I realized that I myself would not be able to kill the patriarch.) And I was also trying to do it while in the middle of a European street carnival.

The whole thing was so disturbing that I was very relieved to wake up.

No comments: