Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm feeling it.

People have asked me sometimes if I feel like a mom yet.

I consider it an accomplishment to take a shower.

I have learned to type, and eat, one-handed.

When getting a gift for a friend, I immediately think of Hooter Hiders and diaper bouquets…until I realize that they don't have kids.

I take pictures of myself covered with barf so that I can put them in a scrapbook.

I have not done my hair for approximately 4 months.

I have Googled the lyrics for “The Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night” and “Froggy Went A’courting.”

I used my 40 bucks’ worth of Barnes and Noble Christmas gift cards on children’s books.

I eat not because I want to or because I’m hungry, but because I know that she has to eat. I also refrain from eating certain foods I like because she does not like them in lactic form.

I breastfeed during conference calls.

I breastfeed in restaurants.

I breastfeed in parking lots.

Today, a few minutes after I left to go to the bank, I realized that there was a large orange smear on my pants. After a minute, I realized what it was. Rather than turn around and go home, I found a shady spot on the library lawn to change a diaper in the nice open air. I walked the rest of the way to the bank with a poopy diaper in the stroller’s cupholder. I am still wearing the poopy pants.

So, yes. I do.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hmmm, many of these are starting to be familiar to me too. I'm slowly realizing that I may never take a shower again without worrying about what my child is doing.