Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tee hee

We’re about due for some more funny sentences I’ve encountered lately. Oh, tee hee:

Sometimes referred to as a summary of public records relating to title to a specific parcel of land, an abstract typically is delivered to the seller or buyer under certificate and seal as to its content.

Why would anyone refer to an abstract as “a summary of public records relating to title to a specific parcel of land”?

Our products are unsurpassed by none.

Wow.

We will go live with the new vendor in March.

Ah, homonyms…

You probably don’t spend a whole lot of time thinking about our credit score.

Um…should I? I think they’re missing a “y.”

(from an email):

Hi Amber,
I have request more information on this job.
Is it for both products?
Can we use the copy that isn't crossed out.
I did find out they want to used the tech copy.
More to come.

This was in response to a question on my part: “What is this job for?” It’s all clear now.

Brooke was in my wife’s freshmen ward, and she took her disappearance very personally.
She still has a Google Alert to keep track of developments.

Well, I think I would take my disappearance very personally, too.

2 comments:

Glade said...

Actually, the description of an abstract made a lot of sense to me. What am I missing?

Amber said...

That's kind of the point: it's a description, not a synonym.