Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Little women make me cry...and gag

So, I just finished bawling my way through watching Little Women. And I even skipped over Beth's death.

I bawled during the opera scene. I bawled when Laurie came back. I bawled really hard at the end when Friedrich comes back.

Even when I'm not all pregnant, Little Women really is a good and touching movie. Except, of course, for the Worst Kiss Ever. It's so bizarre that Winona Ryder and Christian Bale could be the perpetrators of such a thing, but indeed, they are. I guess the filmmakers had to do that so that we'd be turned off by the trail of saliva and okay with them not getting together. But still. Ick.

3 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

I'm so with you---I love Little Women! I haven't seen it in long enough to remember the kiss though. Now you have my curiosity piqued! (I'll be really embarrassed if I've used or spelled that last word wrong. I say it all the time, but I never use it in writing.)

Victoria Blanchard said...

Phew! I just checked in in a dictionary---I think I'm ok!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

I love that book! I haven't read it in probably 10 years, but I'm resolved to re-read. thanks, amber.:)
btw, I am WAY more emotional pregnant too. man.