Saturday, November 1, 2008

Housework

I'm well aware that everyone is convinced that the baby of their heart is The Cutest One Ever, but the other day Olivia raised the bar.

It didn't help that she was dressed in this:



Her outfit was of her own choosing, and she looked like a little tap dancer.

So, while she was tapping around pretending to talk on the phone, I folded laundry. When I finished, I picked up the pile of Steven's and my clothes and said, "Hey, do you want to come help me put clothes away?"

I started walking toward our closet, and Olivia walked over and picked up the little remaining pile of her clothing and started following me. But instead of turning and following me into the closet, she kept going straight and put all the clothes "away":



She was very thorough, too - after going back unprompted and picking up the clothes she'd dropped along the way, she went back for her little pile of socks and put them "away," too. I realized later that since she already knows how to "throw away," it made perfect sense to "put away" things in the same place. What a sweet little helper.

Finally, for those of you who still haven't barfed from the extreme cuteness of this incident, here's a picture of her enjoying a cupcake:



Happy 18 months tomorrow, Olivia!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh she is SO cute! I love the shape of her eyes. That was so sweet of her to help you put clothes away. You are such a great mom.

Anne said...

What a good helper!

Kreller Kaboodle said...

Your little family is so cute Amber! And wow! Number 2 almost here! how exciting! Take care cousin!