Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm alive!

I don't feel like blogging but I know it's been a while. Here's the worst update I hope I ever write.

We just got back from a vacation to Venice Beach. Olivia loved playing in the sand. The family reunion was fun. My mom put a lot of work into planning it, so I hope she feels appreciated - she did a great job. We saw body builders and film students and a guy dressed as an ear. The ocean was cold. The kids were good on the plane. They charmed everyone and on the way home Carmen was so cute that a lady in back of us took her picture.

I broke my tooth on a BLT sandwich - it felt so much like those dreams where my teeth all break that I had to keep feeling it with my tongue to make sure it really happened. I'm getting it fixed next Monday.

This afternoon Carmen had a huge blowout poop while she was taking a nap.

One of our sprinkler heads broke and needs replacing.

Last night I had horrible dreams about feral cats who had gross snotty ooze all over them and were jumping through my door.

Our poor little camera is dead so we're buying a new two, and I'm excited.

Olivia got a free book today from the Library's summer reading program.

I don't think it's bragging to say my kids are good looking because it really has nothing to do with me. Olivia and Carmen don't belong to me; they are their own people and I'm just here to take care of them. I guess they have some of my genes but since I cannot control those I certainly cannot take credit for their beauty in that respect. Also, it is very evident to anyone who has seen us that my girls are much better looking than I am, so it's not like I'm claiming beauty by association.

Time for bed. I'm hoping for no feral cat or teeth-breaking dreams. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Eliza said...

HOW did you break your tooth on a BLT? Don't make me afraid of one of my life's greatest pleasures!!

woolspinner said...

Your girls really are very cute. And they have lovely dispositions, which is even more to the point. I enjoy you all.

Welcome back!!

amanda said...

well i am glad you are back-I have missed your posts! I hope you don't break any teeth or realized your worried about feral cats!
Your girls are beautiful so take credit for it! You had fun creating them, right! :)So they are half of you!

Mom said...

So glad you had a great family reunion and vacation! That's one of the things that make summers so memorable! ** Hey, for goodness sake, take some of the credit for your girls' good looks! We need all the compliments we can get!!

Beth said...

I have those dreams too! Except in mine, my teeth don't break, they just fall out. Sometimes they turn purple before they fall out.

Unknown said...

i have the falling-out teeth dreams too i hate them! once i dreamed they fell out all over the floor and I was on my hands and knees trying to collect them all! gross! And your girls are darling - no use worrying about stating the simple fact!:)

Unknown said...

sorry this is heidi i always forget to sign in