Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Taking a bite out of business crime

So, we recently had a heating problem. The first company we called, John Moore (owned by Satan), came out and gave us a repair estimate that was SEVEN TIMES the cost of what we actually went with (Big Tex A/C - woot!) John Moore's diagnostic was also 3x the cost of Big Tex's.

So, after a call with John Moore's customer service department to verify that it was the actual company that was trying to rip me off, and not just the service tech, I submitted complaints with both the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and the BBB. And I now submit another complaint to you, internet.

DO NOT call John Moore for plumbing, AC/Heating, Electrical, Pest Control, Insulation, Energy Audit, or Window and Door repair. The "Moore" stands for cost. The "John" stands for poopy customer service. Call Big Tex instead!

Tell all your friends! (If they're not in Texas, I'm sure they don't care.)

4 comments:

Beth said...

This made me laugh. "The John stands for poopy customer service." ha ha.

Chulitamaya said...

Funny, we had the same thing happen to us with the water here, I wonder if I called them because it sounds just like them. They wanted to charge $500.00 for a repair that ended up costing me $50.00 instead. I called and complained to them but I wished we had gone to the BBB too. Good for you Amber.

Heather said...

You are hysterical Amber! Gave us a good laugh. Glad you got it worked out. I always call the one in the phone book with the tiniest lettering or that sounds like a Mom and Pop sort of place. The big ones with the big ads will rip you off every time!

Jamee Moulton said...

We use Big Tex too. They have awesome customer service; they sent a technician for a two-week follow-up visit just to make sure everything was working properly. We've been very pleased with their work.