Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Read the Funnies

Am I a jerk for making fun of the grammatical errors of others? I try to think of it in the same sense as "Thou Shalt Not Judge": I don't think that the people who made these errors are bad or dumb. But the errors themselves are funny.

These are all from one afternoon of proofreading. Some have been edited to protect the guilty (grammatical errors have been preserved, of course.)

Our tech support can help save time and money when used in conjunction with our compatible toner cartridges.

In my position as Chief Information Officer I deal with a large number of vendors and consider [company] to be one of the best based on of their level of service and quality of products offered at excellent rate.

(Okay, that one is funny partially because the guy's touting his credentials.)

Office coffee, filtered water and bottled water beverge services. We offer a full menu of itmes and sizes.

We over national Brands which are listed below..
[misspelled brands listed]
We conveniently delivery a variety of sizes to your business and maintain a delivery frequency insuring needs are meet.

Savings of course will vary, but it should almost reduce their spend by 50%.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You're not a jerk, or at least I don't think so. I'm worse than you--mistakes tend to frustrate me more than entertain me. Today at work I noticed on the board that someone had written about some linens from a museum in Kiev, and after that it said, "(That's in Russia!)" Uh... I guess it WAS once part of the U.S.S.R... But I imagine there are a few Ukrainians who wouldn't want to be considered in Russia... With another employee, I debated the rudeness of erasing and correcting it until we came to the conclusion that no one else would care anyway. I'm the only really crazy one, it seems.