Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ready

I have been in major nesting mode lately. I didn't really get a chance to nest when I was pregnant with Olivia. I was so busy trying to get annual reports written in time for my job that I didn't have extra time to do much of anything, and she came a week early - pretty much as soon as I'd finished.

The downside of that was that when I came home from the hospital, I bawled and bawled because our carpets weren't clean - how could I bring home a new baby to a house with dirty carpets?

Anyway, on Friday I called the carpet cleaners. Now that ugly spot in the library is gone, and all our rooms feel so light and fluffy I could just cry with happiness. At least we won't have to worry about that!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so sad that you cried with Olivia about the carpets! In June I had a false start with Audrey but it stopped just as it started storming here. There was so much rain coming down, and so fast, that half the people in our ward had water damage, including us. It seeped in our bedroom window and ruined the carpet. I was crying about that for sure--how could I bring a baby home to THAT mess? Audrey gave us another week to deal with it :) Anyway, I'm so glad you're prepared this time.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

oh my gosh, you should have told me! i would have ran right out to rent a carpet cleaner while you guys were at the hospital so you could come home happy.

Rachel Helps said...

...you have a library!

Unknown said...

The thing is, I had no idea when we left for the hospital that I would feel so anxious about it!

Rachel, you need to come visit us. You can sleep in the library if you want :)

Deanna said...

Hi Amber! Just found your blog. Congrats on baby #2! Glad you got your carpets cleaned. So good to have news on you!

Chulitamaya said...

Sorry again about the ugly spot in the library... hey I tried to call you Yesterday, did you get my message?

Emily said...

I know what you mean, at least sort of... I've been wanting to clean the baseboards for a while and I've just had to accept that it's probably not going to happen. I know they're just baseboards, but I have a suspicion that I'm going to be up some night at 2 am wiping them down because I'm so embarrassed that I brought a baby here without them cleaned. Oi. I have SO MANY little projects that I want to finish in the next little bit. I'm really trying to prioritize now.

Christa Jeanne said...

Amber! Thanks for the blog comment. Happy day to find your blog! How did I not know you blogged? Anyways, so delightful to keep up with you and your (growing) fam again! :)