Sunday, January 11, 2009

Have you called Jenny yet?

A friend recently called my attention to the fact that it’s been way too long since I’ve posted pictures. Ahhh! I don’t really like verbose blogs – I’ve gotten to be a very lazy reader, so I just skim or skip long posts – so I feel kind of sheepish that my blog has become that.

My main excuse is that I don’t really like pictures of myself, and I feel sensitive about posting too many pictures of Olivia because I think she’s the most beautiful thing in the world (at least for a few more weeks) and I don’t want to seem like I’m bragging. But, I also realize that I like seeing other people’s cute kids and cute selves, so I need to get less wordy and more picture-y.

To begin, here’s Olivia trying on one of Daddy's shirts (an adult size small, by the way):



And here’s a shot of Olivia and me a few months ago (by a guy who was trying to grow his photography portfolio of pregnant women):



This picture serves as a good introduction for this post’s title story:

When I went in for my OB appointment a couple of weeks ago, the waiting room was packed – naturally, with other women who are currently shaped similarly to me. I took a magazine and sat down. The TV was on, and in a few moments Valerie Bertinelli came on the screen to happily inform us all that, for the second New Year in a row, she was not going to make a weight resolution! And didn’t we all want to be in that situation, too? Now was the time to make the call that would change our lives!

With resolution, I loudly pronounced, “Well, I'm convinced. This year, I’m going to lose 25 pounds! Who’s with me?”

We all laughed, and our babies kicked us.

4 comments:

Petra said...

That pregnancy picture of you and Olivia is just about the best thing I've ever seen, I think.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Olivia is pretty dang cute, I have to say!

Chulitamaya said...

Very cute picture, I think you have the perfect pregnancy body, how lucky and of course those pounds are going to come right off the first couple of weeks, I am jealous already :) Cute picture by the way.

Emily said...

Hehe... I'll join you in that resolution. :) When are you due, anyway? I know we're close-ish but I can't remember how close.