Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wake up!

I keep having horrible recurring nightmares about not having finished college - usually there's a class I just stopped attending about a week into the semester and forgot about, or sometimes there are just a couple more I need to graduate, but I have a hard time dedicating myself to them. Last night I actually attended all my classes - I just failed some of them.

This, if for no other reason, is why people should get their diplomas framed and displayed somewhere: to assure them that they really did graduate.

(Note: In last night's episode I was also a social loser who ran around tennis courts wrapped in a blanket, which was a bummer. However, at some point I started climbing on the chain link and was able to jump/swing around the walls like a monkey, which was pretty neat, although it did nothing for my social problems.)

6 comments:

Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

OH MY GOSH! I've had the same type dream repeatedly for like the last 6 months! For a while it was REALLY bad, I would wake up in a cold sweat thinking I'd failed high school or college...it was weird. Apparently the interpretation is that you feel you're failing in some aspect of your life or are not reaching your potential...
glad to know I'm not the only dream loser!

maugers said...

I've never had that dream...but I really enjoyed the social loser. Are you sure you never ran around a tennis court in a blanket? That sounds kind of college.

chris said...

this reminds me of a comic.

http://xkcd.com/557/

Emily said...

I have that dream sometimes, too, though luckily it has tapered off some in the past year or so. It's ALWAYS that it's finals time and I realize that I never attended a class and I'm freaking out about having missed all the assignments in the meantime, and of course not knowing anything for the class.

The sad part? It may be somewhat based in reality. I really did only attend six lecture classes when I took calculus (the first time... ahem... who wants to get up for an 8 am class of calc??).

In my dreams, though, I have always forgotten that I'm enrolled in the class entirely, whereas I had day-mares about calc that whole semester. I was painfully aware of my lack of attendance.

Dad said...

For what it's worth, I still have that kind of dream and I graduated a long, long time ago.

Unknown said...

What an awful dream!!! Oh wait! I am living it right now! LOL!
When I have crazy dreams like these, I tend to think about them all the time. It almost makes reality surreal because the dreams take over my thoughts.