Saturday, June 20, 2009

Super capes

This new project was inspired by our little friend Grant who was recently diagnosed with leukemia (he used to live in Olivia's room). It was a shocking diagnosis, and to try to boost his spirits I made him an orange cape - orange is the ribbon color for leukemia.



A friend who saw Grant's cape requested one for her nephew Jude.



Here's Olivia showing how well it flies:





Hyde and I are getting together next week to make some more for my super nephews! I'm excited - hace demasiado tiempo desde que cosimos juntas.

5 comments:

Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

Amber, you are the real Crafty McQueen and I want you to live near me so you can show me the art of serious craft. I'm a mere amateur. Please move to GA, now.

Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

And P.S. do you have any idea/pattern recommendations for making those baby sling things you put on you so you have hands free and baby snuggled?? I've got a proto-type done but it needs some tweaking. any thoughts??

amanda said...

I love the capes! And I was so touched by your friends battle-what a brave little boy and what a creative way to cheer him up-I loved her baseball idea for meds! What an amazing mom she is! You are sooo talented-I sould bow in your presence! :)

Julie said...

That is a great idea- I think all boys want to be a superhero!

woolspinner said...

My mom made some of these for my kids and all the cousins. They have terrific play value. They were in heavy use for YEARS.