Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Twinkle toes

Another thing I've been doing lately is beaded socks. My mother-in-law bought Olivia a pair of these when she was first born, and I really liked them. They're actually quite easy to make - you just need a crochet hook small enough to fit through the bead hole, and it's all chain stitching. And, since my children's feet are so narrow that even baby shoes fall right off, fancy socks are about as good as we can do in the way of footwear.


Carmen's a good model.



7 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

How fun! Last night at rehearsal, one of the gals in my choir was doing this only with buttons. They looked waaaaay cute (although she said the stitch was a little awkward). Could be fun to try.

A Roper said...

Those are really cute, Amber! And so simple! I love it!

Crystal said...

Those are wutesy indeed. I may have to try this as well, considering Abby had the same problem with shoes.

amanda said...

will you make me some for my girls? those are sooo cute-is there snything you can't do? Also-Keira wants piano lessons-can you help with that?

Ashley said...

Never could get the chain stitching down. I can create A LOT of things but anything even resembling knitting or crocheting for some reason stumps me. I guess I'm just not cut out to make those cute socks--so two thumbs up for you! I sew ribbon onto the edges.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kreller Kaboodle said...

Very nice!! Just found your blog! I think that socks are cuter on little feet than shoes anyways....I like the shoes at the toddler stage best! :D