Friday, April 10, 2009

Thanks

to everyone for your support and concern. I had my surgery last night, and I guess it went well…for a surgery. I won’t say I’m feeling great – I’m sore and tired and a little bit traumatized – but it’s nice to have it over. My biggest worry was for my little girls, especially Carmen.



But she’s doing okay. She has to have formula for a couple of days while I detox, but she’s been doing well with it. Altogether, I’m grateful that things turned out so well. It wasn’t anything really life-threatening (no cancer), but it was something that needed fixing, and I’m glad to be fixed (not in the cat kind of way).



Here are my newfound pearls of wisdom from this experience:

  • DON’T have surgery.
  • If you must have surgery, DO have someone there with you (otherwise, it is really scary).
  • If you can’t have someone there with you (because, for example, you have two little girls who your husband has to take care of), DON’T stay overnight.
  • If you must stay overnight, DO make sure your husband doesn’t have to work the next day.
  • If your husband has mandatory meetings the next morning, DON’T stay in the hospital all day (especially when your doctor says you can leave that morning).
  • BUT, if lackadaisical or neglectful nurses force you to stay there until 2:00, in addition to providing the poorest care imaginable, DO at least make sure that you have a wonderful sister-in-law to help take care of your two little girls. Because if you do, chances are one will end up looking like this:



And that's never a bad thing.

5 comments:

maugers said...

Cute little girl. I'm glad you're finished with the whole thing. And too bad you had all those pearls of wisdom AFTER the surgery... Feel better soon!

woolspinner said...

DARLING picture of Olivia. I'm very relieved the ordeal is over and you are home.

Chelsea said...

I'm glad you're home safe and sound! I hope detox goes smoothly :)

krebscout said...

Thanks for being all right.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Sad is was such a hard experience, but I'm glad it's over.